Golf Saga

Follows my golf game from inception to greatness (at least that is my hope). Includes tips, techniques, stories, rants, successes, etc... A blog for golf lovers.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Insomnia

I just met with a group of friends from my time in California. These are men and women that I served with as an LDS missionary. It is insane to see some of them come in with babies in their arms. When we were serving together, we were all celibate, focused on spreading the Gospel and serving the Lord and our fellow men. Now many of us are married, and some are starting to have children. Life is full of circles.

Somebody once made one of those weird comments that stuck with me. They were talking about life being a circle and golf being a circle. They said, a golf ball is a circle, a swing is circular, the hole is circular, when you play 18 holes, you make a complete circle out and back to the clubhouse.

Our days are circles too. In normal circumstances, one awakes in their bed, and at the end of the day, retires to their bed. But then there are those nights where you somehow tumble out of orbit, and can't seem to manage the retiring to bed part. I'm glad that I have this blog to work in during those times. Luckily for all of you who may happen on this, my first attempt at blogging, I'm not a regular insomniac, so these night-time posts will be few and far between.

This post is going nowhere. I'm going to try going to bed, and see if I can force myself to sleep. Any tips on how to get to sleep?

1 Comments:

Blogger HM said...

Read your comment on my blog and here i am.

I definitely have no tips on insomnia to offer. Lucky you're not a regular insomniac =)

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home