Golf Saga

Follows my golf game from inception to greatness (at least that is my hope). Includes tips, techniques, stories, rants, successes, etc... A blog for golf lovers.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Going golfing this afternoon...

I'm going to my local golf course this afternoon, and I hope to be able to build off of the momentum I had last time I played. I only three-putted two or three times, and I had a few one-putts. You see, what I'm doing is working on my game from the inside out. I'd rather be able to sink the ball in as few of strokes once I get to within 100 yards, even if it takes me an extra stroke or two to reach that radius.

My most dreaded shot, oddly enough, is my tee shot. I'm always worried that I'm going to shank the ball, or not get under it. A friend told me once after a drive only made it to the women's tees, that I had to drop my pants and go get the ball. I tell you what, had I actually done it, I would have looked only slightly more foolish. Once I get out to the fairway, or even in the rough, I feel more at ease with my shots, and I hit the ball a lot straighter. I just need to conquer my yips off the tee, then I'll never have to contemplate dropping my pants in shame again.

I've only recorded four scores ever (besides a very fun, very successful four-man scramble that I participated in) and they've all been on nine holes. My scores have been 66, 68, 68, 59. If that was on 18 holes, I'd be a pro! What excited me the last time (in red), was the difference between all of my previous scores and that one! Seven shots under my previous low! I love being able to see the improvement, and it has all come from within 100 yards!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home