Golf Saga

Follows my golf game from inception to greatness (at least that is my hope). Includes tips, techniques, stories, rants, successes, etc... A blog for golf lovers.

Friday, October 06, 2006

A Small Hitch

Yesterday I gave a training on effective written communication at work. Everything went very well. A lot of discussion was generated, and I felt that the message was delivered clearly and concisely. After finishing the training, I was gathreing my things, and as I went to pick up my laptop, this terrible, searing pain shot through my shoulder. The pain persisted the rest of the afternoon, becoming accentuated any time I would reach for something in front of me. I decided that I should have my shoulder examined, so I left work and went to my doctor. After moving my shoulder around, and having me resist the movements in all directions, he sent me over to the radiologist for X-Rays. The X-Rays showed that everything was normal, and he concluded that I must have strained my tendons connecting my bicep to my shoulder and pectoral.

I've come to the conclusion that I must have strained it by swinging too hard. Word to the wise: don't swing so hard! Let your hips start the motion, and move your body fluidly through the swing. And also, if you're going to lift weights, don't lift the morning after a round of golf. Lift the morning before a round of golf. If your muscles are already worked, you'll be forced to develop skill and technique instead of using strength to whack the ball down the course.

I may have ended my season. I'll be out for a couple of weeks while I let my shoulder heal, and by that time, for all I know, we could have snow here in Utah. It's unlikely, and I should be focusing on the positives, not the negatives, but I'd really like to get out on the course! Maybe even just the practice green. Okay, I've determined that my season isn't over! I'll get better, and I'll make it back out there. No bum shoulder is going to keep me off the course! I'll be back out there as soon as my two weeks are up!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home