Golf Saga

Follows my golf game from inception to greatness (at least that is my hope). Includes tips, techniques, stories, rants, successes, etc... A blog for golf lovers.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Hitting Straighter!

I think that I needed to lay my bag down for a few weeks in order to get my head on straight. On Wednesday, I played an executive course near my home (The Reserve at East Bay), and I was thrilled by the results. I only sliced the ball once! Once as opposed to nearly every shot! I also hit my first G.I.R. (Green in Regulation). For those of you that don't know, each hole in golf has a "par" associated with it. Par is the number of shots that it should take for a good golfer to get the ball into the hole. For example, if there is a par 3 hole, it should only take one shot to get onto the green, followed by two putts to hole the ball.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to report that I parred the hole. Though I was shooting straighter, I wasn't putting at my best, which meant that my score still suffered. One of these days, I'll be able to put both halves of my game together in order get a great score.

The weather was great, and I was able to satisfy my itch for the time being. Until next time, swing away!